Experienced software developer with a strong foundation in full stack development with experience in a wide range of tools & technologies.
Through working with both small & large companies, I have gained a great understanding of the importance of focusing on the customer & operational requirements of software development while still aiming to deliver well designed & scalable solutions.
I continuously focus on trying to improve my engineering knowledge and exposure to new technologies through rss feeds, online courses, personal projects and meetup events.
Senior Software Engineer Technical Lead
May 2021 - Present
Senior Software Engineer
Jan 2021 - Mays 2021
July 2019 - Jan 2021
Part of the Foundation – Edge team, which has responsibility for the Edge networking infrastructure which handles all inbound traffic. Focus on developing API & Kafka driven pipelines to safely deliver dynamic configuration to reverse proxies & DNS systems.
- Technical Lead for the team which included
- Designing technical requirements & system architecture changes for projects
- Engineer point of contact for any new & existing products our team managed
- Collaborated with engineers from other teams on proof of concepts & org level projects
- Worked with management to plan upcoming quarters & projects
- Focus on operational reliability by designing SLI & SLO metrics backed by dashboards, alerts, detailed documentation & runbooks
- Mentored junior developers by pairing with them on tasks and educating them on our stack
- Part of Engineering Onboarding team, running sessions for all new engineers in the company
- Aurora DB
- Consul K/V
June 2014 - May 2019
Part of the development team that design, built & delivered the Company's CMS Product.
- Lead Developer on multiple projects
- Introduced CICD pipeline to move company away from manual tasks
- Included automating both code & database building, testing, packing & deployments
- Initiated migration of the product to the Cloud with a focus on security & user auth
- Purchasing, installation and management of internal server hardware running ESXi
- Member of internal best practices group to improve project workflow in the company
- Sql Server
Bank of Ireland, Retail Credit Division
Feb 2013 – Sep 2013
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- Visual Basic
- MS Access DB