Experienced software developer with a strong foundation in full stack development with experience in a wide range of tools & technologies.
Through working with both small & large companies, I have gained a great understanding of the importance of focusing on the customer & operational requirements of software development while still aiming to deliver well designed & scalable solutions.
I continuously focus on trying to improve my engineering knowledge and exposure to new technologies through rss feeds, online courses, personal projects and meetup events.
Senior Member of Technical Staff - Tech Lead
Oct 2022 - Present
Senior Software Engineer Technical Lead
May 2021 - Sept 2022
Senior Software Engineer
Jan 2021 - May 2021
July 2019 - Jan 2021
Part of the Foundation – Edge team, which has responsibility for the Edge networking infrastructure which handles all inbound traffic. Focus on developing API & Kafka driven pipelines to safely deliver dynamic configuration to reverse proxies & DNS systems.
- Technical Lead for the team which included
- Designing technical requirements & system architecture changes for projects
- Engineer point of contact for any new & existing products our team managed
- Collaborated with engineers from other teams on proof of concepts & org level projects
- Worked with management to plan upcoming quarters & projects
- Focus on operational reliability by designing SLI & SLO metrics backed by dashboards, alerts, detailed documentation & runbooks
- Mentored junior developers by pairing with them on tasks and educating them on our stack
- Part of Engineering Onboarding team, running sessions for all new engineers in the company
- Aurora DB
- Consul K/V
June 2014 - May 2019
Part of the development team that design, built & delivered the Company's CMS Product.
- Lead Developer on multiple projects
- Introduced CICD pipeline to move company away from manual tasks
- Included automating both code & database building, testing, packing & deployments
- Initiated migration of the product to the Cloud with a focus on security & user auth
- Purchasing, installation and management of internal server hardware running ESXi
- Member of internal best practices group to improve project workflow in the company
- Sql Server
Bank of Ireland, Retail Credit Division
Feb 2013 – Sep 2013
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- Visual Basic
- MS Access DB